A Superior Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
One Tomato Sauce Recipe to Rule Them All!
This spaghetti sauce recipe is a staple in my household where it is lovingly referred to as ‘the sauce.’
Not all pasta sauces are created equal, and depending on the purpose, may have very different consistencies and flavors.
A thicker savory sauce is better for pasta, while a thinner, sweeter sauce is better for use in pizza and veal or chicken parmesan recipes.
Before you had to create two very different sauces and label them and it was a small tragedy if one sauce ever had to be used for the wrong application. Here, we share our secret to how to make a perfect spaghetti sauce recipe that is flexible enough to be easily ‘transformed’ into pizza sauce if you need it. Yes, whether it be an al dente rigatoni, a hearty lasagna or a personal pizza pie, this is one tomato sauce that can rule them all!
Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
What You'll Need
- 2 cans crushed peeled tomatoes
- 2 ounces olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons anise seed
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 3 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 can tomato paste (optional)
1.)Separate tomato juice from tomatos with a strainer. Bring liquid to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until the volume has reduced by half.
2.)Cook celery, onion and carrots with the oil in a large pot on low until the onions turn translucent. Add this and the tomatoes to a roasting pan.
3.)Roast vegetables under the broiler for 10 minute, or just until you see the first signs of the caramelization on the tomatoes.
4.)Remove the roasting pan from the oven and over two burners. Add white wine, sherry vinegar, sugar herbs and spices while on medium heat and scrape the pan bottom to deglaze. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
5.)Transfer contents to a pot and blend until smooth but still chunky. At this point the spaghetti sauce recipe is great for pasta.
6.) (optional) Add can of tomato paste and blend until very smooth. This is a great spreading sauce, especially on homemade pizzas!
We hope you enjoy our recipe! Make sure to leave your comments and let us know what you think!
Have You Tried This Recipe? Send Us Your Comments!
Do you have a great story about this recipe? Share it!
Submit Your Own Blender Recipe - At blender benefits, we believe that food is something to be celebrated, shared and passed down to family and among friends. If you want to show someone you care about them – feed them! Submit your Blender Recipe here and join the Blender Benefits family!
More Blender Recipe Related Articles
Blender Recipes - We've collected the best blender recipes available including blender drinks, soup recipes, sauce recipes, and more. Looking for the best Strawberry Daiquiri recipe? We have it!
Awesome Alfredo Sauce - This Alfredo sauce recipe is so delicious and easy to whip up in a pinch you will be soon coating everything in sight with it!
Big Bold BBQ Sauce - BBQ, Barbecue, or Barbeque? However You Spell It Means 'Delicious!' Our recipe for traditional ketchup based BBQ sauce will have you cleaning your 'cue right down to the bone!
Mustard Based Barbeque Sauce - If you are looking for a bold flavor with a little bit of bite, our recipe for mustard based barbeque sauce is decidedly different from traditional ketchup based sauces. Wake up your taste buds with this deliciously daring BBQ Sauce recipe.
North Carolina Style Barbecue Sauce - Not every barbecue sauce recipe is created equal. Our North Carolina BBQ sauce is lighter than a traditional ketchup based or even mustard based barbecue sauces. Give it a shot and you WILL come back for more!
The Superior Spaghetti Sauce - Not every spaghetti sauce recipe can work well on pizza and on pasta. These recipes demand different textures and flavors and you just could not use the same sauce on both- until now.
Blazin' Hot Sauce - Our hot sauce recipe is great for making hot wings, kicking up salsa, or waking up that lame sandwich you're eating! Big on flavor, this recipe is sure to make you sweat!
A Peanut Sauce You'll Go Nuts For! - Ever since I had peanut sauce on shrimp dumplings at my nearby chinese restaurant, I've been in love with this spicey sauce. However, it was only until recently that I went out on a limb and made it myself...
1 Min Blender Hollandaise - This blender Hollandaise Sauce will make you think your tongue has died and gone to heaven. Find out how to make this mother sauce simply and quickly (in about 1 minute), using a blender.
Big Flavor Blender Bearnaise Sauce - This sauce is actually simply a tweaked version of Hollandaise sauce. With this quick and easy blender recipe, you will be able to whip up this savory sauce in no time!
Blender Reviews - We want to hear from you! Send us Your Blender Reviews and we will post them for everyone to see at Blender Benefits!
What's Tasty At
Top Blender Recipes
- We've collected the best blender recipes available including blender drinks, soup recipes, sauce recipes, and more.
The Best Pina Colada Recipe
- Nothing like a Pina Colada Recipe that is not only delicious but truly authentic.
View The Blender Blog
- The fastest and easiest way to see what's new on Blender Benefits.
Hand Blenders are a Handy Addition to Any Kitchen
- Hand Blenders are a great addition to any kitchen. We discuss the benefits of owning a hand blender and which models are worth owning.
The Blendtec Blender - Blending's Rock Star
- Blendtec Blender, the most famous of blenders avaiable, is a sight to behold. Check out why this is something you should consider for your kitchen.
Waring Blenders - The Miracle Mixer
- Many modern Waring blenders are have higher power ratings than the competition and several of these American-made marvels receive overwhelmingly positive review.
Wasting Away with the Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker
- The Margaritaville blender is one of the most exciting blenders out there. We discuss which Jimmy Buffet endorsed blender is right for you.
All About Oster Blenders
- Oster Blenders are affordable and reliable products designed by Oster. Most products do perform as promised, but as with all brands, there are one or two “bad apples” in the bunch.
Submit Your Own Blender Recipe
- At blender benefits, we believe that food is something to be celebrated, shared and passed down to family and among friends. Submit your Blender Recipe here and join the Blender Benefits family!